Because grief is a normal response to loss, it is not a “condition” that needs to be treated. Support groups and individual grief counseling can be a great source of support for those who are grieving or those who are facing the death of a loved one. Vida Hospice grief support offers a place where you can:
- Express you feelings of grief and be validated
- Learn about the grieving process
- Reflect upon your natural strengths and use them to get through this difficult time
- Talk about your loved ones and tell the story over and over again
- Sort through the stresses and anxieties that may come with new roles and responsibilities of care giving and loss
- Openly struggle with questions like: “Why did this happen?”, “What meaning does this have for me and my life?”, “How do I want to move forward?”
Support groups offer a unique opportunity to share in the grieving experiences of others. For some, this can provide an invaluable sense of “being understood.” Others find individual counseling most helpful.
Our bereavement support group meets at our Vida Hospice office located at:
1211 W. Magnolia Blvd., Burbank, CA 91506
This group is for those who are grieving a loss from a death. For more information, please call us at 818-848-8575.